Interview with Futurist, Innovation Strategist and Speaker Anders Soermann-Nilsson predicting the Death of QR Codes
I had the honour to ask Anders Soermann-Nilsson a few questions about the future of mobile.
Anders (LLB MBA) is the founder of Thinque - a strategy think tank that helps executives and leaders convert disruptive questions into proactive, future strategies. As an Australian-Swedish futurist and innovation strategist he has helped executives and leaders on various continents map, prepare for, and strategise for foreseeable and unpredictable futures.
1. What mobile phone do you have and what do you love about it?
iPhone 5 - enjoy the screen, platform integration with my Apple family suite. I like how it speaks the same language as a lot of my apps and health / fitness monitoring devices, which makes the experience seamless. Most importantly it works with my main productivity tools like Hubspot, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Apps, and my travelling apps.
2. What are the last five apps you downloaded onto your phone or tablet?
Withings Health App, Zeo Sleep Monitor, Quick Scan, Moves, Pinterest
3. What were some of the most amazing mobile solutions that you bumped into during your travels around the world and that made your life easier?
4. What mobile trends will hit Australia in the next 3-5 years?
5. What will mobile phone users do differently once they sign up to high-speed internet access (4G/LTE)?
Video and visuals will keep going from strength to strength. Geo-location marketing, augmented reality and history tours in cities will become possible, and geo-specific So Lo Mo marketing can become a true (augmented reality) now that the infrastructure has started keeping up with the consumer behaviour and the tech concepts.
Bjorn Behrendt is a serial entrepreneur with an extensive knowledge about online retail, payments and mobile commerce.